Ronald Boire, CEO of Sears Canada, will take the top post at the bookseller in September, and current CEO Michael Huseby will become executive ...
But mobile commerce sales rise 160%.
Web and total sales didn’t grow much for shoe manufacturer and retailer Brown Shoe Co. Inc. in 2012, but mobile sales surged.
For the year ended Feb. 2, Brown Shoe, No. 146 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- E-commerce sales accounted for 5% of total sales for the year, which comes to $129.9 million, flat compared with 2011 web sales of $130 million.
- Total sales of $2.598 billion, an increase of about 0.6% from $2.582 billion in 2011.
- Sales for Famous Footwear of $1.51 billion, up by 4.1% from $1.45 billion.
- Famous Footwear comparable-store sales were up by 4.5%.
- Net income of $27.5 million, an 11.8% increase from $24.6 million in 2011.
Web sales include revenue from Shoes.com, Famous.com, Naturalizer.com and 12 other e-commerce sites.
“We believe our omnichannel efforts are already paying off with Famous.com up 22% in 2012,” Diane Sullivan, president and CEO, told analysts during Brown Shoe’s recent year-end earnings call. “We logged more than 60 million visits at Famous.com during the last year, with one quarter of those via mobile. In total, mobile revenue grew by more than 190% in 2012, and we'll be maximizing this channel in 2013 by debuting a rewards app and revamping our mobile-optimized site.”
Sullivan did not disclose Famous.com or mobile sales in dollars.
Brown Shoe did not break out online sales for the fourth quarter, but did report:
- Total sales of $640.2 million, up by 1.8% from 2011 Q4 sales of $628.9 million.
- Famous Footwear sales were $380.1 million, a 7.9% increase from $352.4 million.
- Comparable-store sales for Famous Footwear increased by 4.4%.
- Net income was $4.0 million compared with a loss of $8.2 million in the prior year quarter.