And mobile revenue increases year over year on Black Friday, as more shoppers turn to their smartphones, a new study finds.
- DeviceAnywhere Free Allows Developers to Easily Spot Check Content on Real Mobile Devices Anytime Anywhere; Ushers in New Era of Mobile Web Testing
- See Exactly How Mobile Web Content Looks and Acts -- in Real Time
SAN MATEO, Calif.--Jan. 23, 2013-- Keynote (NASDAQ: KEYN), the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing and monitoring, ushers in a new era of mobile testing with the announcement today of DeviceAnywhere Free, the first COMPLETELY FREE smartphone testing tool allowing Web developers, Web application and site owners and software testing professionals to interactively test and spot check the functionality and content rendering of mobile websites on real smartphones over the Internet.
Current research shows that in North America more than 20% of all Web traffic now comes from mobile devices. This rapid adoption in the market underscores the critical importance of ensuring much higher levels of quality in the area of mobile Web development, testing and quality assurance. DeviceAnywhere Free is the ideal solution for companies interested in implementing efficient, high-quality mobile strategies.
DeviceAnywhere Free provides the first completely FREE tool for remote, real device interactive testing; giving users a real view of their mobile websites on select smartphones in real-time via a simple Web interface. Users can access all the functions of the smartphones including the ability to press and swipe touchscreens, push buttons, view the screen in different orientations, and power cycle the device. Users are able to access any number of devices, for ten minutes per device, to spot check mobile websites and capture screenshots for archiving and reporting. After ten minutes on one device, users may select a new device, and run the same checks on another smartphone to ensure cross-device and cross-browser functionality. Advanced queuing allows users to save their place in line for devices that are currently in use.
“Developing and maintaining a mobile-optimized website has become a necessity as people increasingly use their smartphones as their primary Web browsing device. However, the cost of purchasing and the complexity of maintaining a portfolio of smartphones for testing functionality is a major stumbling block for many website owners. DeviceAnywhere Free gives organizations the tool they need to test, spot check, improve and monetize their mobile site, and for FREE,” says Vik Chaudhary, vice president of product management and corporate development at Keynote. “DeviceAnywhere Free combines the ease of the cloud with the power of Keynote’s global infrastructure of remote devices for mobile and Web testing and monitoring, so that Web developers, testers and content owners can begin testing immediately on real mobile devices. Keynote has made the power of its DeviceAnywhere cloud testing platform available for free to educate the market about the power of real, remote, manual and automated device testing from the cloud.”
Navigating the mobile Web is growing in popularity and those charged with the responsibility of testing those websites need a new generation of tools capable of accurately rendering what an end user will see. Unfortunately, newcomers to mobile testing find that keeping up with a fragmented mobile device market, which is ever changing, makes in-house solutions expensive and burdensome. DeviceAnywhere Free solves this problem with the cost-effective and proven capabilities of remote, real device interactive testing.
Users can test and spot check content on any smartphone available in the Keynote DeviceAnywhere Free cloud or enter a queue to reserve a specific device. DeviceAnywhere Free streams the device’s screen directly to the user’s computer screen, enables a complete view of the handset interface and allows the tester to interact with it from the desktop in real time, using nothing more than a Web browser. Testers can then access all of the devices’ functionality, including the ability to press and swipe touchscreens, push buttons, change orientations and power cycle the device.
DeviceAnywhere Free features the most popular smartphones and is continually updated to stay current with the mobile device market. All devices are connected via Wi-Fi to enable testing of live mobile Web content. When testing needs grow to require sessions longer than 10 minutes per device, a carrier connection, or the need to download/upload apps or want to conduct device-to-device testing, users can advance their mobile testing to the next level by getting started with a free trial of Keynote DeviceAnywhere Test Center Developer.
Features and Benefits of DeviceAnywhere Free:
- No Restrictions, No Obligations – Users have an unlimited number of 10 minute Web spot checking sessions on today’s popular iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows devices including the Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S III and Nexus, Motorola Droid RAZR, and theNokia Lumia 710, among others.
- Full Device Functionality Testing – Users have the ability to press and swipe touchscreens, push buttons and power cycle the device. Devices can also be viewed in portrait and landscape modes.
- Session Recording – The application captures 10 minutes of navigation history and allows users to click through key features of their site, capturing screenshots for easy troubleshooting, archiving and reporting.
- Device Management – Users get an at-a-glance view of device status (available, offline, locked, in wait queue), and wait times for device testing. Users can sign up to wait for a device and be notified when it is free to begin testing.
- Web-Based – DeviceAnywhere Free is a web-based application making it very easy to access real mobile devices to test your mobile site from any location, using nothing more than a Web browser.
- Community Forum – Users can post questions, comments and best practices to both the Keynote team and other DeviceAnywhere Free users, joining an online community focused on mobile testing.
When a user’s need surpasses basic spot-checking, Keynote’s Test Center Developer or Test Center Enterprise provides a seamless upgrade path to deeper insights and features to fully test mobile websites and applications. Test Center Developer is designed for developers to manually test mobile applications and websites across a wider variety of devices on live carrier networks. Test Center Enterprise is a full-featured mobile testing tool that is available as a hosted or on-premise solution, allowing both manual and automated testing, as well as monitoring for mobile applications and websites, for enterprises developing internal or external apps.
To begin testing your mobile site today with DeviceAnywhere Free, sign up for a FREE account at http://www.keynotedeviceanywhere.com/da-free-register.html.
About Keynote Systems