The social network is making the 15-second ads available to a select group of advertisers. The videos start playing without sound. When a consumer ...
Web sales for The Buckle grow 12% in Q2
Total revenue increased 2% and store sales fell 1%.
Apparel chain retailer The Buckle Inc. posted only a small uptick in overall sales and a decrease in comparable-store sales, but it was a different story online.
For the second quarter ended July 28, The Buckle, No. 211 in the 2012 Internet Retailer Top 500 reported:
- Web sales increased year over year 11.9% to $16.0 million from $14.3 million.
- Total revenue grew about 1.5% to $215.5 million from $212.4 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Comparable-store sales decreased 0.8%.
- Net income was $23.2 million compared with $23.6 million in the second quarter of 2011.
The web accounted for 7.4% of total sales in the quarter compared with 6.7% in the second quarter of 2011.
For the first two quarters:
- Web sales increased year over year 13.7% to $35.7 million from $31.4 million.
- Total revenue grew 5.9% to $479.2 million from $452.5 million in the first two quarters of 2011.
- Comparable-store sales increased 3.6%.
- Net income increased 7.0% to $61.0 million from $57.0 million.
The web accounted for 7.4% of total sales in the quarter compared with 6.9% in the first two quarters of 2011.