A second wave of attacks began midday Friday after much of the eastern United States was affected in the morning. Sites affected included Etsy, ...
Guests can use their iPhone, iPod touch or Android smartphone to purchase Dunkin’ Donuts items faster and more conveniently than ever before;
send virtual cards via text, e-mail, and Facebook Connect
CANTON, MA (August 16, 2012) – People can now run on Dunkin’ more quickly and conveniently than ever before, as Dunkin’ Donuts, America’s all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, today launched its first-ever mobile application for payment and gifting for iPhone, iPod touch and Android smartphones. With the new Dunkin’ App, paying for food, beverages, and merchandise at Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants throughout the U.S. is as simple and speedy as scanning your smartphone using a mobile Dunkin' Donuts Card in-store or at the drive-thru. Additionally, with the App’s mGift feature, Dunkin’ Donuts becomes the first national coffee retailer to enable people to send virtual gift cards three ways – text, email, and Facebook Connect.
The Dunkin’ App, available for free from the App Store and Google Play Store, connects guests to the brand with an exciting array of new tools and information to make any Dunkin’ run easier and faster, including:
- Purchase, manage, and reload a Dunkin’ Donuts Card: Guests can purchase a new mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card (selecting from multiple designs for many occasions), add money to an existing card, and view all previous card transactions. The Dunkin’ Mobile App supports American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and PayPal.
- Pay right from the app using a virtual Dunkin’ Donuts Card: Guests can purchase Dunkin’ Donuts products with the Dunkin’ App by simply tapping the mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card and presenting the screen to the crew member to be scanned. Balances are updated immediately after purchase.
- Send an mGift: Dunkin’ Donuts Cards can be sent to friends, family, or colleagues via email, text, or Facebook. Dunkin’ Donuts is now the only national coffee retailer to offer people all of these options for sending an mGift. Dunkin’ Donuts Cards can be sent in denominations between $2 and $100.
- Locate the nearest Dunkin’ Donuts: A detailed restaurant locator makes it easy to find directions to and information about local Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants, including store hours, in-store Wi-Fi, drive-thru availability, and more.
- Find nutritional information: The Dunkin’ App makes nutritional facts available for guests’ favorite Dunkin’ Donuts menu items.
- Link to Dunkin’ Donuts’ social media communities: Dunkin' Donuts is actively engaged within leading social media channels, with more than 6.8 million Facebook fans and 160,000 Twitter followers. Easy links to “Like” Dunkin’ Donuts on Facebook or follow @DunkinDonuts on Twitter can be found in the “Social” section of the Dunkin’ App.
“Dunkin’ Donuts is committed to developing and delivering technology that supports our growth and distinguishes our brand for offering the very best guest experience,” said Nigel Travis, Dunkin’ Brands CEO and Dunkin’ Donuts President, U.S. “Today’s launch of the new Dunkin’ Mobile App is an exciting and important day for both Dunkin’ Donuts’ guests and our franchisees. This is a clear example of our determination to invest in technologies that help us exceed our guests’ expectations and enable our franchisees to run their restaurants as efficiently and effectively as possible.”
According to John Costello, Dunkin’ Brands Chief Global Marketing and Innovation Officer, the new Dunkin’ App enhances the Dunkin’ Donuts in-store experience for the brand’s on-the-go guests. “With our new mobile app, we are enabling an entirely new level of speed and convenience for our guests that will further distinguish our brand throughout the country,” he said. “We know that our guests rely on their mobile devices now more than ever, and we are glad to provide them with this exciting new service in a way that is uniquely Dunkin’.”
To commemorate the Dunkin’ App launch, Dunkin’ Donuts will celebrate today with special content on its new digital billboard in Times Square, DunkinDonuts.com, and social media channels. On Twitter, Dunkin’ Donuts will host “The Dunkin’ App Twitter Sweepstakes,” offering 20 lucky fans a chance to win a $50 mGift for tweeting @DunkinDonuts with the hashtag #DunkinApp an example of how Dunkin’ keeps them running while they’re on the go. For official rules and additional information related to the Dunkin’ Mobile Twitter sweepstakes, visit:http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/promotions/dunkin_app_twitter.html.
The Dunkin' App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or atwww.itunes.com/appstore and from the Google Play Store at https://play.google.com/store.
To learn more about Dunkin’ Donuts, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DunkinDonuts) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/DunkinDonuts).###
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the regular/decaf coffee, iced coffee, hot flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for six years running. The company has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2011, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.4 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visitwww.DunkinDonuts.com.