Alibaba’s Tmall Global now features goods from 14,500 overseas brands, 80% of them selling in China for the first time.
The retailer singled out its Eastbay site as a strong performer.
Foot Locker Inc.’s online sales grew in both fourth quarter and fiscal 2011.
Foot Locker, No. 53 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, says the strong online performance is partly because of sales on its Eastbay.com site, which sells outdoor apparel, shoes and equipment.
For fiscal 2011 ended Jan. 28, Foot Locker reported:
- Web sales were $457 million, a 21.9% increase from $375 million in 2010.
- Total sales were $5.6 billion, a 12% increase from $5 billion.
- Comparable-store sales increased 9.8%.
- Net income was $278 million, a 64.5% increase from $169 million in the prior year.
The web accounted for 8.2% of sales for the year, compared with 7.5% in 2010.
For the fourth quarter:
- Online sales were $148 million, up 2.8% from $144 million in fourth quarter of 2010.
- Total sales were $1.5 billion, up 7.1% from $1.4 billion in the 2010 fourth quarter.
- Comparable store sales increased 7.5%.
- Net income increased 42.1% to $81 million from $57 million.
The web accounted for 9.9% of fourth-quarter sales, compared with 10.3% in the prior year quarter.
The company’s web sites include FootLocker.com, LadyFootLocker.com, KidsFootLocker.com, FootAction.com, ChampsSports.com and CCS.com.