Ronald Boire, CEO of Sears Canada, will take the top post at the bookseller in September, and current CEO Michael Huseby will become executive ...
First-of-its-kind rich media interface enables marketers, retailers, brands and publishers to increase consumer engagement with their content and product offerings
BOSTON (February 28, 2012)
* Zmags, the leading provider of rich media mobile and social merchandising, today introduced a groundbreaking consumer shopping user interface (UI) dubbed “Zmags Convergence.”
* This new, visual environment completely redefines and streamlines a consumer’s shopping experience on tablets, smartphones, the Web, and in Facebook.
* Using Zmags Convergence, retailers, brands, multi-level marketers and agencies can create a new class of engaging and immersive shopping experiences that propel merchandising and commerce from today’s search-and-purchase model to a more profitable strategy of discovery and inspiration.
* Built to harness the iPad’s user interface and browsing appeal – while also highly engaging via Facebook, smartphones and PC-based browsers – Zmags Convergence helps retailers and brands quickly appeal to the growing numbers of tablet, mobile and social shoppers, as defined in a recent report about the behaviors of connected consumers.
* Zmags Convergence lets retailers present a consistent brand experience for retailers across all channels while adapting to and taking advantage of specific strengths of each unique channel and device. It is completely customizable and flexible to the retailers’ specifications.
* Retailers including Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kenneth Cole, Lenovo, Celebrating Home and Pearson have been actively providing input and validating Zmags Convergence.
* Features of Zmags Convergence include:
* Creation of content rich pages with dynamic imagery that pops, can be intuitively explored, shared socially and, with a quick tap or click, moved into a shopping cart, all without requiring page reloads or refreshes.
* A moveable and collapsible action bar that follows shoppers as they browse so they never have to leave the page to shop, purchase, or share.
* Easy inspiration with “buy-the-collection” capabilities so that shoppers can view all the items in any given scene and, with one touch, discover and purchaseitems individually or collectively.
* Enhanced audio capabilities that let retailers add music and voice to the experience.
* Zmags Convergence will be available in spring 2012, and will be the customer user interface offered with both Zmags Professional and Zmags CommercePro.
* To view a demo please visit: http://www.zmags.com/blog/zmags-convergence
“Consumers’ appetite for tablet, smartphone and social shopping is escalating. Retailers must be ready to implement new kinds of commerce strategies in 2012 or miss the boat,” said Van Baker, Research VP, Gartner, Inc. “It will be important to design natural shopping experiences that mirror the way consumers like to browse and shop rather than forcing them down non-intuitive paths. New forms of engaging commerce experiences that harness the unique user interfaces of each channel while presenting a consistent brand image will be key to maximizing revenue potential.”
“We know that social and mobile commerce are converging. That’s no longer a prediction; it’s a fact, and retailers have to be ready to sell to the highest value consumers, those who are connected on many devices, and through many different channels,” said W. Sean Ford, COO and CMO of Zmags. “The fact that these channels are converging into one core ecommerce ecosystem allows retailers to maximize the revenue potential of every touch point, engaging with and delighting consumers where they are, and how they want to shop. This is a huge opportunity.”
Zmags helps thousands of the world’s most progressive global retailers and brands design brilliant and consistent marketing and merchandising campaigns across social, mobile, tablet, and e-commerce platforms, driving product discovery and inspiring purchases. Using the Zmags on-demand rich media merchandising platform, leading brands have measurably and dramatically increased customer engagement, conversion rates, order size and brand loyalty without the burden of IT constraints. Zmags is among the fastest growing technology companies in North America, ranking #70 on the Deloitte 2011 Technology Fast 500. Zmags is headquartered in Boston, MA. with European offices in London and Copenhagen. For more information about Zmags, please visit www.zmags.com.