Justin Bieber, Madonna and Kim Kardashian-West tweeted about the launch of EDbyEllen.com.
The web was the fastest-growing channel for vitamin and health supplements maker and retailer.
The web was the fastest-growing channel for vitamin and health supplements maker and retailer NBTY in fiscal 2011.
For the 2011 fiscal year ended Oct. 29, NBTY, No. 139 in the Internet Retailer Top 500, reported:
- The Internet accounted for 60.6% of all direct response sales compared with 55.6% of direct response sales in fiscal 2010. Based on these metrics, Internet Retailer calculates that e-commerce sales increased 20% to $156 million in fiscal 2011 from $130 million in fiscal 2010.
- Direct response sales, which include catalog and web, grew year over year 10.1% to $257.5 million from $233.9 million.
- Total sales grew 5.0% to $2.96 billion from $2.82 billion in fiscal 2010.
- North American retail sales grew 5.8% to $225 million from $212.7 million.
- Net income declined 86% to $29.9 million from net income of $213.7 million in the prior year. NBTY attributes the decline to slower sales, and costs related to its takeover by private equity firm The Carlyle Group in August 2010.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 5.3% of total sales compared with 4.6% in fiscal 2010.
NBTY didn’t break out fourth quarter metrics in its newly filed annual report with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.