Retailers shift their ad spending from TV, radio and print ads to digital ads.
The web grew 15% while total revenue was up 6.3%.
Web sales in the latest quarter continue on a nice upswing for Williams-Sonoma Inc.
For the third quarter ended Oct. 30, Williams-Sonoma, No. 25 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales of $339 million, up by about 14.5% from $296 million in the same quarter of 2010.
- Total sales were $867 million, up by about 6.3% from $816 million.
- Total direct-to-consumer sales, including web and catalog sales, were $390 million, up by about 9.9% from $355 million.
- Total retail sales were $478 million, up by 3.7% from $461 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased 6.3%.
- Net income was $43.4 million, up by 18.9% from $36.5 million in the prior year quarter.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 39.1% of total sales compared with 36.3% in the third quarter of 2010. “The third quarter was another strong quarter for the company,” says CEO Laura Alber. “We continued to invest in our e-commerce, global expansion and business development initiatives.”
For the first three quarters, Williams-Sonoma also reported:
- Internet Retailer calculates that web sales increased 23.9% year over year to $995 million from $803 million. That figure is based on Williams-Sonoma’s earlier e-commerce sales listed in its earnings releases and its quarterly financials filed with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission.
- Total sales were $2.45 billion, up by about 6.5% from $2.30 billion in the first three quarters of 2010.
- Total direct-to-consumer sales, including web and catalog sales, were $1.10 billion, up by about 13.6% from $968.1 million in the first three quarters of 2010.
- Total retail sales were $1.35 billion, up by 2.3% from $1.32 billion in the first three quarters of 2010.
- Net income was $114.3 million, up by 31.7% from $86.8 million in the first three quarters of 2010
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 40.6% of total sales compared with 34.9% in the prior year.