Web and same-store sales rose 11.7% and 6.3%, respectively, for the auto parts retailer.
AutoZone Inc. saw sales and earnings grow in fiscal 2011.
For the year ended Aug. 27, AutoZone, No. 121 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Online sales, including all sales from AutoZone.com and AllData.com, which sells diagnostic and related repair work software, grew year over year 11.7% to $166.28 million from $148.86 million.
- Total sales of $8.07 billion, an increase of 9.6% from $7.36 billion in the prior year.
- Comparable-store sales increased 6.3%.
- Net income increased to $848.9 million, up by 15.0% from $738.3 million.
Internet Retailer calculates the web represented 2.1% of total sales, compared with 2.0% in 2010.
“For fiscal 2011, we delivered 30% growth in earnings per share,” says Bill Rhodes, chairman, president and CEO. “We also achieved several all-time company records: exceeded $8 billion in sales, surpassed $1 billion in commercial sales, grew fiscal year EBIT margin to 18.5% and exceeded 30% return on invested capital ending the year at 31.3%.”
EBIT refers to earnings before interest and taxes.
For the fourth quarter, AutoZone reported:
- Online sales, including all sales from AutoZone.com and AllData.com, of $53.33 million grew year over year 11.8% to from $47.69 million.
- Total sales of $2.64 billion, an increase of about 8.1% from $2.44 billion the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010.
- Comparable-store sales increased 4.5%.
- Net income increased to $301.5 million, up by 12.1% from $268.9 million.
Internet Retailer calculates the web represented 2.0% of total sales, the same as in the prior year quarter.