E-commerce related hiring is up almost 19% from last year, but Nordstrom is adding fewer seasonal workers overall.
Net income also was up 21% as Vistaprint acquired 7.4 million new customers.
It was a good fourth quarter and fiscal 2011 for online printing services retailer Vistaprint Ltd.
For the 2011 fiscal year ended June 30, Vistaprint, No. 36 in the Internet Retailer Top 500, reported:
- Total sales were $817.0 million, up 21.9% from $670.0 million in fiscal 2010.
- Net income was $82.1 million, a 21.3% increase from $67.7 million fiscal 2010.
- Marketing and sales expenses were $271.8 million, a 13.2% increase from $240.2 million in the prior year.
- Technology expenses were $93.6 million, up 19.4% from $78.4 million in the previous year.
- Vistaprint acquired about 7.4 million new customers.
“We achieved solid financial and operational results, with record new customer additions, increased revenue from existing customers, continued geographic expansion, and healthy growth across our businesses,” says CEO Robert Keane.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010, Vistaprint reported:
- Total sales were $208.8 million, up 27.1% from $164.3 million in the prior year period.
- Net income was $14.4 million, a 23.1% increase from $11.7 million.
- Marketing and sales expenses were $71.3 million, a 28.5% increase from $55.5 million in the prior year.
- Technology expenses were $25.4 million, up 23.3% from $20.6 million in the previous year.
- VistaPrint acquired about 1.8 million new customers.
- Repeat customers generated about 68% of total bookings in Q4 2011 compared with 67% in Q4 fiscal 2010.
- Order volume was about 5.6 million, an increase of 16.7% compared with volume of 4.8 million orders in Q4 fiscal 2010.
- Average order value, including revenue from shipping and processing, was $37.72, up from $34.56 in the same quarter a year ago.
- Web site sessions were 71.4 million, an 8.2% decrease from 77.8 million in the prior year.
- Conversion rate was 7.8%, compared with 6.2% in the year-ago quarter.
Vistaprint expects revenue to range from $207.0 million to $215.0 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2011 and $980.0 million to $1.03 billion for the full year.