Ronald Boire, CEO of Sears Canada, will take the top post at the bookseller in September, and current CEO Michael Huseby will become executive ...
Footwear manufacturer and retailer Crocs Inc. posted gains for all company segments.
Footwear manufacturer and retailer Crocs Inc. posted gains for all company segments in the second quarter.
For the period ending June 30, Crocs reported:
- Web sales of $28.1 million, a 30.1% increase over $21.6 million in Q2 2010.
- Total sales jumped 29.6% to $295.6 million, compared with $228.0 million the same period of the prior year.
- Wholesale revenue increased about 25.5%, from $140.0 million in Q2 last year to $175.8 million this year.
- Retail sales increased around 38.2% to $91.8 million from $66.4 million in Q2 2010.
- Net income grew 71.8% to $55.5 million from $32.3 million in Q2 2010.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 9.5% of total sales in Q2, the same amount as last year.
“We achieved our highest quarterly revenue and unit volume in the company’s history,” says CEO John McCarvel.
For the first two quarters, Crocs, No. 198 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales increased 32.2% to $44.8 million from $33.9 million in the first two quarters of 2010.
- Total sales increased 32.3% to $522.3 million from $394.9 million in the prior year.
- Net income was $77.0 million, up 102.6% from net income of $38.0 million in the previous year.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 8.6% in the first half of 2011, the same as in the first two quarters of 2010.