Shoppers will scan their Amazon Go app at the store’s entrance, and the technology will track which items they pick up and add them ...
First quarter sales that came from the web increased to 73% of total sales.
Pet medicine and supplies retailer PetMed Express Inc. continued to push sales to 1-800-PetMeds.com in Q1 of fiscal 2012.
For the quarter ended June 30, PetMed, No. 107 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide reported:
- Web sales of $54.1 million, up by 3.4% from $52.3 million in the prior year quarter.
- Total sales of $73.6 million, down by 1.1% from $74.4 million in Q1 of fiscal 2010.
- New order sales of $17.0 million, a 1.7% increase from $16.7 million.
- The company acquired about 226,000 new customers, compared to 220,000 new customers in Q1 fiscal 2010.
- Net income of $4.8 million, compared with net income of $7.2 million in Q1 fiscal 2010.
Approximately 73% of PetMed orders were generated from its e-commerce site during the quarter, compared to 70% for the first quarter last year, says Menderes Akdag, president and CEO. “Although our sales were slightly down due to our more aggressive flea and tick product pricing, we had a slight increase in orders, which was a positive,” he says.