The office supplies retailer say it sacrificed some sales to improve online profitability. It also redesigned its business-facing e-commerce site, StaplesAdvantage.com.
Rackspace provides enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, email and apps.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – May, 19, 2011 - SendGrid, the most trusted email infrastructure service, has announced a strategic relationship with Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the world's leading specialist in the hosting and cloud computing industry. The relationship will bring SendGrid's leading email delivery, real-time analytics capabilities and scalability to Rackspace customers.
Rackspace provides enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, email and apps products to over 140,000 customers around the world. Rackspace also offers its customers a renowned commitment to its hallmark customer service, Fanatical Support®. The collaboration between Rackspace and SendGrid stems from the companies' shared emphasis on providing the highest level of customer support and quality of service.
"We hear from customers all the time that they need a better way to send large amounts of email from their web applications and servers for their transactional email needs," said Nishan Sivathasan, director of corporate development for Rackspace. "After a long search we found SendGrid to be the leading provider in the marketplace, as they beat out the competition across all of our search criteria. We then worked with SendGrid to create a special offer for Rackspace customers."
Building a reliable in-house email infrastructure for transactional email needs is an enormous task. It can be expensive, time consuming and presents businesses with scalability challenges. SendGrid eliminates the worry about assembling complex solutions for their transactional email needs when running their servers at Rackspace, while improving business email deliverability, reliability and ROI.
SendGrid's new Upgrade Path for Rackspace Customers:
- Bronze Plan: 40,000 free email credits/month. Includes Basic Deliverability features, access to SMTP API, Web API, SMTP Relay, Advanced Tracking and Analytics Features and Premium Support.
- Silver Plan: $79.95/month with 100,000 email credits/month. Includes all of the features from the Bronze Plan plus Advanced Deliverability features including a unique IP address, additional API's (Parse API, Event API, OEM API), Sub-user Capabilities, and the Newsletter application.
- Gold Plan: $199.95/month with 300,000 email credits/month including the full feature set of the Silver Plan.
- Platinum Plan: $399.95/month with 700,000 email credits/month including the full feature set of the Silver Plan.
* SendGrid also offers customized pricing. Visit sendgrid.com for details.
"Rackspace and SendGrid share the drive for an exceptional customer experience," said Jim Franklin, CEO of SendGrid. "We're excited to bring our infrastructure and deliverability expertise to Rackspace's customer base."
For more information about SendGrid, please visit www.sendgrid.com, our Facebook page or follow us @Sendgrid on Twitter.
SendGrid's cloud-based email infrastructure relieves businesses of the cost and complexity of maintaining a custom email infrastructure. SendGrid provides reliable delivery, scalability and real-time analytics along with flexible API's that make custom integration simple. Customers include Foursquare, FormSpring, Gowalla, Plancast, HootSuite and Slideshare. Founded in 2009 and based in Boulder, Colo., SendGrid is backed by Foundry Group, Highway 12 and several notable individual investors. For more information, visit www.SendGrid.com.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.