The test, available to verified Google Plus accounts, adds a social element to search results.
Year-over-year e-commerce sales increased 19.3% in 2010.
E-commerce sales continue to drive growth for specialty apparel retailer The Buckle Inc.
For the fiscal year ended Jan. 29, The Buckle, No. 217 in Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales increased 19.3% year over year to $62.4 million from $52.3 million.
- Total sales climbed 5.7% to $949.8 million, compared with $898.3 million in 2009.
- Comparable-store sales grew 1.2%.
- Net income was $134.7 million, up 5.8% from $127.3 million in 2009.
Based on calculations by Internet Retailer, the web accounted for 6.6% of total sales in 2010, compared with 5.8% in 2009.
For the fourth quarter ending Jan. 29, 2011, The Buckle also reported:
- Web sales grew about 17.2% year over year to $21.1 million from $18.0 million in Q4 2009.
- Net sales increased 10.4 percent to $303.1 million, versus $274.4 million.
- Comparable-store sales were up 6.3%.
- Net income was $49.5 million, up 17.6% from $42.1 million in the prior year quarter.
E-commerce sales comprised 7.0% of total sales in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010, compared with 6.6% in the same quarter of 2009, Internet Retailer calculates.