IBM client web sales rose 12.1% last weekend, while ChannelAdvisor reports 13.9% growth in sales last week for merchants on Amazon.
The web accounted for 6.7% of total sales for the specialty apparel retailer.
Specialty apparel retailer Aeropostale Inc. continues to click online with its audience of fashion-conscious younger shoppers. The proof: E-commerce revenue grew sharply in the fourth quarter and for the full year.
For the year ended Jan. 29, Aeropostale, No. 118 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, recorded:
- E-commerce sales grew year over year 24.2% to $160.2 million from $129 million.
- Total sales increased 7.6% to $2.40 billion from $2.23 billion in 2009.
- Comparable-store sales increased 1%.
- Net income increased 0.8% to $231.3 million from $229.5 million in 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 6.7% of total sales compared with 5.8% in 2009.
“In 2010, the Aeropostale brand continued to build momentum and popularity,” says CEO Thomas Johnson.
For the fourth quarter Aeropostale reported:
- E-commerce sales grew year over year 21.2% to $77.3 million from $63.8 million in Q4 2009.
- Total sales increased 4.8% to $839.3 million from $801.2 million in Q4 2009.
- Comparable-store sales decreased 3%.
- Net income decreased 13.3% to $83.8 million from $96.6 million in 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 9.2% of total sales compared with 8.0% in Q4 2009.