As part of a plan to cut costs by $500 million, Staples says it plans to close up to 225 North American stores by ...
Annual web sales grow, but falter in Q4 at Skechers
Web sales rose 22.1% in 2010, but fell 15.4% in Q4.
Shoe manufacturer and retailer Skechers USA Inc. had a good e-commerce year overall in 2010.
For the year ended Dec. 31, Skechers, No. 354 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales increased 22.1% year over year to $27.6 million from $22.6 million.
- Total sales increased 38.9% to $2 billion from $1.44 billion in 2009.
- Retail sales increased 27.6% to $410.7 million from $321.8 million in 2009.
- Net earnings grew year over year 148.8% to $136.1 million from $54.7 million.
“In 2010, we broadened our product range with increased kids offerings, fresh fitness styles and a larger assortment of boots,” says CEO Robert Greenberg. “We see numerous opportunities to continue to strategically grow our business around the world.”
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 1.4% of total sales in 2010 compared with 1.6% in 2009.
For the fourth quarter:
- Skechers did not break out Q4 web sales in its annual report filed recently with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. But based on earlier year-to-date sales, Internet Retailer calculates web sales in the fourth quarter declined 15.4% to $6.6 million from $7.8 million. A spokesman for Skechers’ external investor relations firm says the decline in Q4 web sales stems from a drop in online sales for Shape Up, a line of shoes for toning and conditioning.
- Total sales increased 17% to $454.6 million from $388.6 in 2009.
- Net earnings decreased year over year 88.5% to $3.2 million from $27.9 million.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 1.5% of total sales in 2010 compared with 2% in 2009.