Research presented today at the NRF Big Show in New York highlights 2016 holiday findings from popular retailers.
Shoes.com sales grew year over year 12.1%.
E-commerce sales continued on an upward path for Shoes.com Inc., the e-commerce business owned by Brown Shoe Co. Inc., in the third quarter.
For the quarter ended Oct. 30, Shoes.com and Brown Shoe, No. 182 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, recorded:
- An increase in web sales for Shoes.com of 12.1% to $19.5 million from $17.4 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Total sales grew year over year 14.5% to $716.1 million from $625.6 million.
- Specialty retail sales increased 1.4% to $67.4 million from $66.5 million.
- Net earnings were $18.6 million compared with net earnings of $16.3 million in the second quarter of 2009, an increase of 14.1%.
“The investments we made in marketing and design are elevating demand for our brands and we expect this positive momentum to carry over into 2011,” says CEO Ron Fromm.
Internet Retailer calculates the web represented 2.7% of total sales, compared with 2.8% in the previous year quarter.
For the first three quarters:
- Web sales increased 13.2% to $51.3 million from $45.3 million in the first three quarters of 2009.
- Total sales grew year over year 13.8% to $1.90 billion from $1.67 billion.
- Specialty retail sales increased 11.9% to $120.6 million from $107.8 million.
- Net earnings were $33.8 million compared with net earnings of $5.7 million in the first three quarters of 2009, an increase of 493%.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 2.7% of total sales, the same as in the first three quarters of 2009.