One of every five beauty purchases online is made via the Amazon marketplace, according to a new report.
E-commerce sales were up by 17% while comparable-store sales were flat.
The web produced a double-digit sales increase in the third quarter for Aeropostale Inc.
- E-commerce sales increased about 17% to $38.3 million from $32.6 million in the third quarter last year.
- Total sales increased about 6%, to $602.8 million from $567.8 million.
- Comparable-store sales were flat.
- Net income was $58.5 million compared with $62.6 million in the third quarter of 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web represented 6.4% of sales in Q3, compared with 5.7% last year.
For the first nine months of 2010, Aeropostale recorded:
- Based on Internet Retailer year-to-date calculations of previously reported e-commerce results, web sales totaled $83 million, up by 27.5% from $65.1 million year over year, based on previous filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Aeropostale did not break out e-commerce sales for the first nine months of 2010 in its current report.
- Total sales of $1.56 billion, a 9.9% increase from $1.42 billion.
- Comparable-store sales were up by 3%.
- Net income was $147.5 million compared with $132.8 million in the same period last year.
Internet Retailer calculates the web represented 5.3% of sales through the first nine months of 2010, compared with 4.6% last year.