The State of Retailing Online 2015 report finds search and email leading the pack with e-retailers.
Year-over-year e-commerce sales increase by 20.8%.
The web continues to be the sales engine for specialty apparel retailer The Buckle Inc.
For the third quarter ended Oct. 30, The Buckle, No. 217 in the Internet Retailer Top 500, recorded:
- Web sales increased 20.8% to $15.1 million from $12.5 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Net sales increased year over year 5.2% to $243.3 million from net sales from $231.2 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased 0.5%.
- Net income was $34.4 million, up by 3.3% year over year from $33.3 million.
Based on calculations by Internet Retailer, the web accounted for 6.2% I GET 6.2% of total sales in the second quarter of 2010, compared with 5.4% I GET 5.4% in the prior year.
For the first nine months of the year The Buckle also reported:
- Online sales were $41.2 million, a 20.1% increase from $34.3 million in the first nine months of 2009.
- Total sales grew 3.7% to $646.8 million from $623.8 million.
- Comparable-store sales decreased 1%.
- Net income was $85.2 million, the same as the prior year.
Based on calculations by Internet Retailer, the web accounted for 6.4% in the first three quarters compared with 5.5% in the prior year.