Total sales in 2015 are expected to reach $811 million.
The web also accounted for 36% of sales.
Home furnishings chain retailer Williams-Sonoma Inc. reported in its third quarter sales that web sales grew nearly 30%.
For the quarter ended Oct. 31, Williams-Sonoma, No. 26 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide recorded:
• Web sales increased 28.7% to $296.0 million from $230.0 million in the third quarter of 2009.
• Total sales rose 11.9% to $816.0 million from $729.0 million in the prior year.
• Direct revenue increased year over year 17.9% to $355.0 million from $301.0 million.
• Retail sales increased 7.7% to $461.0 million from $428.0 million in the third quarter of 2009.
• Comparable-store sales increased 8.1%.
• Net earnings in the third quarter were $36.5 million compared with net earnings of $7.3 million in the prior year.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 36.3% of total sales compared with 31.6% in the third quarter of the prior year.
“We continue to be pleased with the financial and operational performance of our brands,” says CEO Laura Alber.
For the first nine months of the year:
• Web sales increased 28.1% to $811.9 million from $633.7 million in the first three quarters of 2009.
• Total sales rose 14.4% to $2.30 billion from $2.01 billion in the prior year.
• Direct revenue increased year over year 19.2% to $986.1 million from $827.1 million.
•Retail sales increased 11.9% to $1.32 billion from $1.18 billion in the first three quarters of 2009.
• Net earnings were $86.8 million compared with a net loss of $10.9 million in the prior year.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 35.3% of total sales compared with 31.5% in the prior year.