Promotions for Black Friday deals started two months before the day after Thanksgiving, AdGooroo finds.
Sales rose 12.3%, but the online apparel retailer’s net loss was $2.0 million.
Online apparel retailer Bluefly Inc. grew every metric except the bottom line in the third quarter.
For the third quarter ended Sept. 30, Bluefly, No. 163 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Net sales increased 12.3% to $19.2 million from $17.1 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Net loss was $2.0 million compared to a net loss of $915,000 in the prior year.
- Average order value increased 17% to $321.33 from $274.58 in the third quarter of 2009.
- The number of new customers reached 34,604 compared with 34,753 in the prior year.
“During the quarter, we achieved increases in customer traffic and average order size,” says CEO Melissa Payner. “We also elevated our brand by extending our highly acclaimed online video/social experience, Closet Confessions, to television.”
For the first nine months, Bluefly also reported:
- Net sales increased 5.3% year over year to $59.9 million from $56.9 million.
- Net loss was $4.3 million compared with $4.2 million in the prior year.