One of every five beauty purchases online is made via the Amazon marketplace, according to a new report.
Web sales and total sales increased 19.3% and 30.1%, respectively.
Shoes manufacturer and retailer Crocs Inc. delivered strong sales growth across the board in the third quarter, including online.
For the third quarter ended Sept. 30, Crocs, No. 151 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- An increase in web sales of 19.3% to $19.2 million from $16.1 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Total sales rose year over year 30.1% to $215.6 million from $165.7 million.
- Retail sales increased 34.5% to $72.5 million from $53.9 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Net income rose 13.1% to $25.0 million from $22.1 million.
“Our improved operating results continued to be driven by growing consumer demand for our expanded product assortment,” says CEO John McCarvel. “After a strong summer selling season we began shipping significantly more of our back-to-school and fall products to our global network of wholesale accounts and distributors versus a year ago. We witnessed similar trends in our consumer direct channel where weekly sell-through rates of our new products exceeded internal projections.”
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 8.9% in the third quarter compared with 9.7% in the year-ago quarter.
For the first three quarters, Crocs also reported:
- Web sales increased 17.5% to $53.1 million from $45.2 million in the first three quarters of 2009.
- Total sales increased 19.8% to $610.5 million from $509.8 million in the prior year.
- Retail sales grew 26.4% to $173.3 million from $137.1 million in the first three quarters of 2009.
- Net income was $63 million compared with a net loss of $30.6 million in the previous year.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 8.7% in the third quarter compared with 8.9% in the year-ago quarter.