Mark Bozek steps down as Evine Live CEO, and board chairman Bob Rosenblatt takes over in the interim for the online retailer formerly known ...
The fabric and craft retailer reports $9.6 million in web sales.
Multichannel fabric and crafts retailer Jo-Ann Stores Inc. reported sales growth online and in stores.
For the third quarter ended Oct. 30, Jo-Ann, No. 263 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Online sales through Joann.com of $9.6 million, an 11.6% increase compared with $8.6 million in the same period last year.
- Total sales were $535.3 million, up by 5.1% from $509.1 million.
- Same-store sales increased 4.1% versus a same-store sales increase of 4.3% for the third quarter last year.
- Customer transactions increased 3.6%.
- Average ticket increased 0.5%.
Jo-Ann, which will report its full third quarter and nine month numbers Dec. 1, didn’t break out figures for net income.
Based on Internet Retailer calculations, the web accounted for 1.8% of sales in the third quarter, compared with 1.7% in Q3 of 2009.
For the first nine months of fiscal 2010, Jo-Ann reported:
- Web sales of $28.6 million, an 11.7% increase from $25.6 million in the same period of 2009.
- Total sales were about $1.46 billion, up by 5% from about $1.39 billion.
- Same-store sales increased 4.2%, compared with a 2.5% increase for the same period last year.
Based on Internet Retailer calculations, the web accounted for 2% of sales through the first nine months of 2010, compared with 1.8% in the same period in 2009.