More than half of the maternity apparel retailer’s online traffic comes from mobile shoppers.
Shutterfly reports $49 million in third quarter sales.
Shutterfly Inc. continues to report healthy sales increases for 2010.
For the third quarter ended September 30, the photo printing and custom merchandise e-retailer reported:
- Sales were $49.0 million, up by 21% year-over-year from $40.5 million.
- Net loss was $4.8 million, compared to a net loss of $6.3 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Average ticket was $23.75.
- The total number of orders was 2 million.
By comparison, Shutterfly, No. 67 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported web sales of $46.8 million in the second quarter, up by 20.3% from $38.9 million in the second quarter of 2009. First quarter revenue was $45.7 million, a 26.9% increase from $36 million a year ago.
“Investments in our product and service offerings, platform infrastructure and people throughout 2010 have positioned us well for the Q4 holiday shopping period,” says Jeffrey Housenbold, president and CEO at Shutterfly. For the first nine months of fiscal 2010, Shutterfly reported:
- Sales of $141.5 million, a 22.7% increase from $115.3 million in the prior year period.
- Net loss was $15.3 million compared with $18.2 million in 2009.
Shutterfly projects Q4 sales to range from $148.5 million to $153.5 million, a year-over-year increase of 13% to 17%, and full-year revenue between $290 million and $295 million, an increase of 18% to 20% compared with 2009.