The feature is currently being tested in several of Drizly’s markets. It is expected to launch early next year.
Web sales to $8.44 million in the first quarter of 2009.
E-commerce sales rose while comparable-store sales fell for American Apparel Inc. in the first quarter.
For the quarter ended March 31, American Apparel, No. 269 in thein the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide recorded:
- Web sales increased 3.6% to $8.44 million from $8.15 million in the first quarter of 2009.
- U.S. web sales increased 3.7% to $5.04 million from $4.86 million in the first quarter of 2009.
- International e-commerce sales increased 2.7% to $3.0 million from $2.92 million in the first quarter of 2009.
- Total sales rose 6.6% to $121.81 million from $114.28 million in the prior year.
- Comparable-store sales declined 10%.
- Retail sales increased 1.4% to $79.1 million from $78.0 million in the first quarter of 2009.
- Net loss increased to $17.6 million from $3.9 million in the prior year.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 6.9% of total sales compared with 7.1% in the first quarter of the prior year.