The acquisition will add more than 300 products to L’Oreal’s lineup.
Deckers Outdoor recorded a 13.8% increase in first quarter online sales. Total sales for the maker of Teva and Ugg Australia brand shoes increased 16.2%.
Consumer brand manufacturer Deckers Outdoor Corp. reported strong web and retail store sales for the first quarter of 2010.
For the first quarter ended March 31, Deckers Outdoor recorded:
- E-commerce sales were $18.42 million, a 13.8% increase from $16.18 million for the same period last year.
- Retail sales increased 66.1% to $23.1 million compared to $13.9 million.
- Total sales increased 16.2% to $155.9 million versus $134.2 million last year.
- Same-store sales rose 28.2%.
- Net income was $18.1 million, up by 47.2% from $12.3 million.
Web sales made up 11.8% of sales for the quarter, compared with 12% in Q1 of 2009, based on Internet Retailer estimates
“Our first quarter earnings performance was much stronger than expected, driven by higher sales of the Ugg brand combined with double digit growth of the Teva brand,” says Angel Martinez, president, CEO and chairman at Deckers, No. 170 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide. “Both our direct-to-consumer business, highlighted by same-store sales growth of 28.2%, and our overall domestic wholesale business were above plan, as consumer response to the Ugg brand’s diverse assortment of spring boots, sandals and new sneaker collection was very positive.”
By brand, Deckers Outdoor reported: