More than half of the maternity apparel retailer’s online traffic comes from mobile shoppers.
To make it easier for travelers to reach their gates and board its planes, American Airlines is offering at 27 airports a feature that lets its customers not only buy their tickets online but also have the boarding pass loaded to a mobile device.
To make it easier for travelers to reach their gates and board its airplanes, American Airlines is offering at 27 airports a feature that lets its customers not only buy their tickets online but also have the boarding pass loaded to a mobile device.
"Customers who choose this option can bypass printing a boarding pass at their home, office or even at the airport,” says Andrew Watson, American`s vice president, customer technology. “At the airport they can go straight to the security checkpoint and then to the aircraft.”
The system uses 2-dimensional bar codes that appear on mobile device screens and are presented to airport security officials and gate attendants in place of a conventional paper boarding pass. A traveler must enter an active e-mail address at the airline’s AA.com to receive the electronic boarding pass on a cell phone or other mobile device. The system can also be used to check bags.
The electronic mobile boarding pass is good for American Airlines flights departing the following airports:
• Albuquerque International (ABQ)
• Austin-Bergstrom International (AUS)
• Charlotte Douglas International (CLT)
• Chicago`s O`Hare International (ORD)
• Cleveland Hopkins International (CLE)
• Dallas-Fort Worth International (DFW)
• Denver International (DEN)
• El Paso International (ELP)
• Houston George Bush Intercontinental (IAH)
• Jackson Atlanta International (ATL)
• Jacksonville International (JAX)
• John Wayne Orange County (SNA)
• Las Vegas McCarran International (LAS)
• Los Angeles International (LAX)
• Little Rock Adams Field (LIT)
• Memphis International (MEM)
• Minneapolis–St. Paul International (MSP)
• New York La Guardia (LGA)
• Oklahoma Will Rogers World (OKC)
• Orlando International (MCO)
• Phoenix Sky Harbor (PHX)
• Salt Lake City International (SLC)
• San Antonio International (SAT)
• San Diego International (SAN)
• San Francisco International (SFO)
• Tulsa International (TUL)
• Washington Dulles International (IAD)