The newly released annual look at the digital world from online and mobile measurement firm comScore makes it quite clear that retailers better be ...
The Home Depot’s e-commerce site attracted the most consumers in December among home and garden online retailers with 12.5 million shoppers, Nielsen Online reports. But, for the second straight month, Horchow.com posted the biggest traffic increase.
The Home Depot’s e-commerce site attracted the most consumers in December among home and garden online retailers with 12.5 million shoppers, Nielsen Online reports.
However, housewares merchant Horchow.com posted the biggest traffic increase, 286%, for the month.
The top online home and garden shopping destinations in December, with unique visitors in millions this year compared with a year earlier and the percent change, according to Nielsen NetView, were:
- The Home Depot, 12.50, 11.17, 12%
- Lowe’s, 8.55, 10.96, -22%
- Home Shopping Network, 6.89, 6.05, 14%
- eBay Home, 4.49, 5.85, -23%
- Better Homes & Gardens Network, 4.28, 4.17, 3%
- Tempur-Pedic, 3.25, NA, NA%
- Ikea, 2.66, 2.08, 28%
- Jo-Ann.com, 2.52, 2.98, -15%
- Horchow.com, 1.78, .46, 286%
- Pottery Barn, 1.76, 2.52, -30%
Unique visitors count only once each shopper who came to a site, no matter how many times the shopper visited. This is a custom list compiled by Internet Retailer of the top e-commerce sites in this category based on data from Nielsen NetView, a service of The Nielsen Co. Rankings may contain multiple web sites from the same retailer or manufacturer. Nielsen has expanded its panels of Internet users and, effective with June 2009 data, this may affect the percentage change from previous results for some sites.
By length of visit, the top home and garden shopping sites in December (hours:minutes:seconds), according to Nielsen Online, were:
- achoo! ALLERGY & AIR Products, 1:44:58
- Cutlery Corner, 1:26:50
- Country Door, 1:11:28
- Celebrating Home, 0:51:09
- Everythingquilts.com, 0:35:15
- Gold Canyon Co., 0:32:23
- ToolPartsDirect.com, 0:31:44
- Stampin` Up!, 0:30:06
- Lionbrand.com, 0:29:30
- Bushnell Performance Optics, 0:28:39
The top consumer goods home and garden advertisers in terms of online ad impressions (in millions) in December, according to Nielsen data, were:
- Reckitt Benckiser plc, Lysol, 572.21
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Cheer, 42.01
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Tide, 24.60
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Febreze, 23.40
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Bounty, 22.65
- The Clorox Co., Clorox, 22.48
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Dawn, 16.76
- The Procter & Gamble Co., Puffs, 14.81
- The Clorox Co., Glad,14.40
- S.C. Johnson & Son Inc., Ziploc, 13.96