A Profitero study showed Target’s online prices were 25% more expensive than Wal-Mart’s, which were just slightly more expensive than prices on Amazon.
Yahoo Shopping has launched a comparison shopping mobile application to assist consumers with holiday shopping research and purchases. The iPhone app includes search, a tax and shipping calculator, and shopper ratings and reviews.
Yahoo Shopping has launched a comparison shopping mobile application to assist consumers with holiday shopping research and purchases. The application is available for free in Apple Inc.’s App Store.
The mobile app for the iPhone and iPod Touch enables shoppers to search through Yahoo Shopping’s catalog of millions of products and click through to retail web sites to make purchases.
Features of the new app include:
- Search by UPC. Type in a Universal Product Code-the digits underneath a bar code-to obtain product information.
- Tax and shipping calculator. Enter delivery ZIP code and the app calculates tax and shipping automatically.
- Ratings and reviews. Read what other shoppers think of products from Yahoo Shopping’s extensive database of customer ratings and reviews.
- Share products. Send product information to friends and family to garner opinions.
- Save products. Save a product to a bookmarks list to check out details later.