The retailer’s latest designer line sold out soon after the products went live, and few if any of the 250 items are in stock ...
The online music retailer and software developer reported total sales of $140.3 million for the third quarter of 2009, down 8% from the prior year. Music sales dropped 8%.
Sales continued to lag for online entertainment retailer and software developer RealNetworks Inc. in the third quarter. For the quarter, which ended Sept. 30:
- Total sales were $140.3 million, down 8% from $152.0 million in the prior year period.
- Music sales were $38.8 million, down 6.7% from $41.6 million.
- Media and software sales increased by 0.4%, to $24.6 million from $24.5 million.
- Games sales were $29.5 million, down 13.7% from $34.2 million.
- Net income was $1.5 million compared to a net loss of $4.5 million in the prior year.
- Total sales were $416.7 million, down 7.9% from $452.2 million in the same period of 2008.
- Music sales increased by 5.2%, from $116.9 million to $123.3 million.
- Media and software sales decreased 19.9%, to $64.2 million from $80.1 million
- Games sales were $92.1 million, down by 8.7% from $100.9 million.
- Net loss was $198.9 million compared with $3.4 million in the prior year. The net loss includes a goodwill impairment of $175.6 million related to the company writing off certain intellectual property.