But losses mount for the home furnishings e-retailer that went public in October.
Consumer brand manufacturer American Apparel saw its third-quarter web sales decline 12.1% to $5.8 million from $6.6 million in the prior year quarter.
Consumer brand manufacturer American Apparel reported declining sales results for the third quarter of fiscal 2009 ended Sept. 30. For the quarter:
- U.S. web sales declined 12.1% to $5.8 million from $6.6 million in the prior year quarter.
- Total sales fell 3% to $150.3 million from $154.8 million.
- Total retail sales increased 3.7% to $101.0 million from $97.4 million.
- Comparable-store sales declined 16%.
- Web sales fell by 12.3% to $15.7 million from $17.9 million in the prior year period.
- Total sales were $400.7 million, virtually unchanged from $399.4 million in 2008.
- Retail sales increased by 11.5%, from $243.3 million to $271.2 million for American Apparel, No. 236 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, (a PDF version of American Apparel’s financial and operating profile can be ordered by clicking on its name).