China is one of more than 20 countries to which Newegg plans to expand its marketplace in 2017.
Additional clearance sales timed for back-to-school shopping helped dELIA’s increase revenue in Q2 across all channels, including e-commerce. Web sales grew 4.6% while total revenue and retail sales increased by 2.5% and 0.4%, respectively.
The addition of more clearance sales timed for back-to-school shopping helped dELIA’s Inc. increase revenue in the second quarter across all channels, including e-commerce.
For the quarter ended Aug.1, dELIA’s, No. 145 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide to Retail Web Sites, reported:
- Web sales increased year over year 4.6% to $18.3 million from $17.5 million.
- Total sales increased 2.5% to $45.7 million from $44.6 million in the second quarter of 2008.
- Retail sales grew 0.4% to $23.7 million from $23.6 million. The opening of six new stores accounted for the slight increase in retail sales, the company says.
- Comparable-store sales decreased 8.1%.
- Catalog sales rose year over year 5.6% to $3.8 million from $3.6 million.
- The web accounted for 40% of total sales compared with 39.2% in the second quarter of 2008.
- Net loss improved from $6.6 million to $4.7 million.
For the first two quarters:
- E-commerce revenue grew 9.2% to $40.4 million from $37.0 million.
- Total sales increased 6.9% to $97.8 million from $91.5 million.
- Retail sales grew year over year 4.9% to $48.9 million from $46.6 million.
- Catalog sales rose 7.6% to $8.5 million from $7.9 million.
- Net loss decreased year over year to $8.3 million from $8.9 million.