57.5% of all shoppers use the omnichannel service, but only 31.6% describe it as being a smooth process, according to a new report.
Internet audience measurement company comScore reports another record for video views during June, with 157 million viewers watching 19.5 billion videos, for an average of 124 videos.
How much time will American Internet users spend watching videos online? No one knows for sure. What is known is that users keep setting records month after month. Internet audience measurement company comScore Inc. reports another record for video views during June, with 157 million viewers watching 19.5 billion videos, for an average of 124 videos.
Google, including YouTube, surpassed its all-time high, comScore reports, with more than 112 million unique viewers during the month, followed by Microsoft sites with 73 million viewers (9.5 videos per viewer) and Fox Interactive Media with 59 million viewers (10.1 videos per viewer).
“The surge in video viewing is primarily attributable to important news stories in June, including Michael Jackson’s death and the Iranian elections, which generated sizeable gains, particularly at major media properties such as Viacom Digital (includes MTV), Microsoft Sites (includes MSNBC) and Turner Network (includes CNN),” comScore reports.
By videos viewed in June, Google Sites, including YouTube, once again ranked No. 1 with 7.6 billion videos viewed, 39.2% of all the videos viewed. YouTube accounted for more than 99% of all videos viewed at Google sites. Viacom Digital ranked second with 774 million videos (4.0% of the online video market) followed by Microsoft sites with 696 million (3.6%) and Blinkx with 623 million videos viewed (3.2%).
Other notable findings from June 2009 as reported by comScore:
- 81.2% of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 453 minutes of video, or nearly 7.6 hours.
- 111.8 million viewers watched 7.6 billion videos on YouTube.com (67.9 videos per viewer).
- 53.6 million viewers watched 524 million videos on MySpace.com (9.8 videos per viewer).
- The average visitor to Hulu, a free site that shows current TV shows, watched 10.1 videos, totaling more than an hour of videos per visitor.
- The duration of the average online video was 3.7 minutes.