Justin Bieber, Madonna and Kim Kardashian-West tweeted about the launch of EDbyEllen.com.
When it comes to traffic to home and garden e-commerce sites, The Home Depot rules the roost. The online retailer continues a trend in June, ranking No 1. for traffic with 20 million unique visitors, up 34% from 14.94 million a year earlier.
When it comes to traffic to home and garden e-commerce sites, The Home Depot rules the roost. The online retailer continued a trend in June, ranking No 1. for traffic in the category with 20 million unique visitors, up 34% over last June’s 14.94 million. While the retailer has taken the top spot for the last several months, June’s year-over-year jump was significantly higher than usual. The retailer’s traffic was flat in May, in April it grew by 1% and in March it fell 5%.
Meanwhile, the Home Shopping Network posted a strong 45% traffic increase in unique visitors. However, most of the other top home and garden retailers posted traffic declines for June. No. 3, eBay Home fell 59% year over year and Pottery Barn and Joann.com each fell 13%.
The top seven online home and garden shopping destinations in June with unique visitors in millions this year and last and growth from prior year, according to Nielsen Online, were:
- The Home Depot, 20.00, 14.94, 34%
- Lowe’s, 12.03, 11.14, 8%
- The Home Shopping Network, 5.80, 4.00, 45%
- eBay Home, 4.16, 10.19, -59%
- Ikea, 2.46, 2.36, 4%
- Pottery Barn, 1.50, 1.73, -13%
- Jo-Ann.com, 1.42, 1.62, -13%
Unique visitors count only once each shopper who comes to a site, no matter how many times the shopper visited. This is a custom list compiled by Internet Retailer of the top e-commerce sites in this category based on Nielsen Online data.
By length of visit, the top nine home & garden retail sites in May (minutes:seconds), according to Nielsen Online, were:
- Jerome’s Furniture, 54:42
- Stampin Up, 42:19
- Aquasana, 39:35
- Steve’s Blinds and Wallpaper, 35:19
- Rugstudio.com, 34:49
- Harlem Furniture, 34:14
- Fabrics-store.com, 29:15
- Cutlery Corner, 25:56
- Homestead Store, 24:40
The top 10 advertisers in terms of online ad impressions (in millions) last month, according to Nielsen data, were:
- Sears Holdings Corp., Hard Goods, 136.93
- The Clorox Co., Clorox, 121.56
- Valspar Valspar, 26. 87
- American Standard Companies Inc. Trane, 24.25
- Reckitt Benckiser plc Spray `n Wash 20.72
- Sears Holdings Corporation Sears, 20.63
- Zodiac Pool Care Baracuda, 14.69
- Reckitt Benckiser plc Lysol, 14.60
- Reckitt Benckiser plc Resolve 14.42
- Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Company Scotch, 14.28