Todd Sprinkle led QVC’s foray into mobile commerce.
Traffic sprouted 24% at home and garden retailer Lowe’s in January compared to a year earlier, Nielsen Online says. Meanwhile LTD Commodities ranked No. 1 in time spent.
Traffic sprouted 24% at home and garden retailer Lowe’s in January compared to a year earlier, Nielsen Online says. However, The Home Depot took the top traffic spot amid retailers in the category with 11.2 million hits. Meanwhile LTD Commodities, an online retailer of home furnishings and general merchandise, ranked No. 1 in time spent.
Below are the top home and garden retail web sites in January, with unique visitors in millions this year and last and the percentage change.
- The Home Depot, 11.23, 10.72, -5%
- Lowe’s, 10.36, 8.34, 24%
- eBay Home, 7.19, 10.94, -34%
- Home Shopping Network, 4.47, 3.99, 12%
- IKEA, 3.75, 2.45, 53%
- Pottery Barn, 3.72, 3.28, 13%
- Jo-Ann.com, 2.98, 1,94, 53%
- eBay Crafts, 2.17, 4.50, -52%
- Home Decorators Collection, 2.01, 1.42, 42%
- Northern Tool + Equipment, 1.77, 1.87, -5%
Unique visitors count only once each shopper who came to a site, no matter how many times the shopper visited. This is a custom list compiled by Internet Retailer of the top online shopping destinations based on Nielsen Online data. Rankings may contain multiple web sites from the same retailer or manufacturer.
By length of visit, the top 10 online home and garden shopping destinations in December (minutes:seconds), according to Nielsen Online, were:
- LTD Commodities, 24:42
- BrylaneHome, 22:42
- Home Shopping Network, 20:32
- Lionbrand.com, 18:11
- Collections Etc. 15:52
- Herrschners, 15:39
- IKEA, 14:29
- Lakeside.com, 13:16
- Pottery Barn Kids, 10:45
- The Home Depot, 10:22
The top 10 online home and garden advertisers by brand in January, with impressions in thousands and share of impressions, according to Nielsen Online, were:
- The Procter & Gamble Company Cascade, 80.48, 7.1%
- The Clorox Company Clorox, 79.83, 7.1%
- Masco Corporation Delta Faucet, 74.78, 6.6%
- Sub-Zero Freezer Company, Inc. Wolf Appliance Company, 71.54, 6.3%
- The Procter & Gamble Company Puffs, 57.12, 5.1%
- Sears Holdings Corporation Sears, 37.51, 3.3%
- S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. Pledge, 18.09, 1.6%
- S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. Ziploc, 12.52, 1.1%
- Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. Panasonic, 10.14, .9%
- The Procter & Gamble Company PUR, 8.43, .7%