Byrne returns to his CEO post after his three-month medical leave of absence.
Jo-Ann.com attracted 53% more traffic in December compared to a year earlier, Nielsen Online says. But the winner in traffic to home and garden shopping destinations was Home Depot, despite traffic dropping 5%.
Jo-Ann.com attracted 53% more traffic in December compared to a year earlier, Nielsen Online says. But the winner in traffic to home and garden shopping destinations was Home Depot, despite traffic dropping 5%. Meanwhile, although eBay Home was, as usual, a top traffic contender, its traffic fell a hefty 48%.
Here are the top home and garden retail web sites in December, with unique visitors in millions this year and last and the percentage change.
- The Home Depot, 11.16, 11.72, -5%
- Lowe’s, 10.96, 9.47, 16%
- Home Shopping Network, 6.05, 4.44, 36%
- eBay Home, 5.85, 11.21, -48%
- Jo-Ann.com, 2.98, 1,94, 53%
- Pottery Barn, 2.51, 2.47, 2%
- Ikea, 2.08, 2.78, -25%
- Northern Tool+Equipment, 2.06, 2.19, -6%
- Harborfreight.com, 1.76, 1.31, 34%
- Hobbylobby.com. 1.70, 1.25, 36%
Unique visitors count only once each shopper who came to a site, no matter how many times the shopper visited. This is a custom list compiled by Internet Retailer of the top online shopping destinations based on Nielsen Online data. Rankings may contain multiple web sites from the same retailer or manufacturer.
By length of visit, the top 10 online home and garden shopping destinations in December (minutes:seconds), according to Nielsen Online, were:
- Homeinteriors.com, 34:46
- Home Shopping Network, 20:26
- LTD Commodities, 18:30
- Lakeside.com, 18:08
- Collections Etc., 17:40
- BrylaneHome, 14:06
- Ikea, 13:26
- Harborfreight.com, 13:13
- Lionbrand.com, 10:53
- Tractor Supply Co, 10:43
The top 10 online home and garden advertisers by brand in December, with impressions in thousands and share of impressions, according to Nielsen Online, were:
- Sears Holding Corp., 517.64, 37.2%
- The Procter & Gamble Co., 162,36, 11.7%
- Sears Holding Corp. Hard Goods, 102.67, 7.4%
- The Clorox Co., 76.25, 5.5%
- The Procter & Gamble Company Tide, 24.72, 1.8%
- Kraft Foods, Inc. Tassimo, 19.27, 1.4%
- Royal Philips Electronics Norelco, 19.17, 1.4%
- Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Company Filtrete, 17.70, 1.3%
- AB Electrolux Electrolux, 17.38, 1.2%
- The Procter & Gamble Company Cheer, 14.21, 1.0%