E-commerce related hiring is up almost 19% from last year, but Nordstrom is adding fewer seasonal workers overall.
Traffic to Walmart.com grew 17% year-over-year to nearly 26.17 million in July as budget-conscious consumers looked to low-priced retailers in an effort to get more for their money.
Traffic to Walmart.com grew 17% year-over-year to nearly 26.17 million in July as budget-conscious consumers looked to low-priced retailers in an effort to get more for their money. But the jump wasn’t enough to top eBay Inc. The online marketplace took top prize for traffic to online retail sites last month, despite falling 6% year over year. Other web sites experiencing high traffic growth include: NexTag Inc. with 22%; Yahoo Shopping, 19%, Netflix Inc., 18%, The Home Depot U.S.A. Inc., 20% and Sears Brand LLC, 27%.
The top 13 online shopping destinations in July with unique visitors in millions this year and last and growth from prior year, according to Nielsen Online were:
- eBay Inc., 56.11, 59.83, -6%
- Amazon.com Inc., 45.14, 43.09, 5%
- Target.com, 28.36, 25.11, 13%
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc., 26.17, 26.31, 17%
- Shopzilla Inc., 18.99, 19.63, -3%
- Shopping.com Network, 16.39, 18.39, -11%
- Dell Inc., 16.18, 17.48, -7%
- Yahoo Shopping, 15.73, 13.26, 19%
- NexTag Inc., 14.42, 11.87, 22%
- Best Buy Co. Inc., 13.89, 13.25, 5%
- Netflix Inc., 13.82, 11.75, 18%
- The Home Depot U.S.A. Inc., 13.44, 11.23, 20%
- Sears Brand LLc, 12.84, 10.14, 27%
Unique visitors count only once each shopper who came to a site, no matter how many times the shopper visited. This is a custom list compiled by Internet Retailer of the top online shopping destinations based on Nielsen Online data. Rankings may contain multiple web sites from the same retailer or manufacturer.
The top 10 consumer goods and services advertisers in terms of online ad impressions (in millions) in July, according to Nielsen data, were:
- The FRS Company, 1,065.94
- Dermitage, 600.68
- Hydroderm Beverly Hills, 459.93
- Raw Natural Beauty LLC, 438.95
- Limited Brands Inc., 401.56
- Altria Group Inc., 312.43
- Unilever, 287.90
- Rodan & Fields LLC, 280.64
- Nike Inc., 264.34
- Mars Inc., 226.66