But losses mount for the home furnishings e-retailer that went public in October.
EBay Inc. dominated online apparel, accessories and beauty in September, grabbing the top three spots in terms of unique visitors, reports Nielsen Online. All three sites, however, experienced no growth or a decline in visitors from a year ago.
EBay Inc. dominated the online apparel, accessories and beauty market in September, grabbing the top three spots in terms of unique visitors, reports Nielsen Online. All three sites, however, experienced no growth or a decline in visitors from a year ago.
The top 10 apparel, accessories and beauty e-commerce sites in September, with unique visitors (in millions) and growth from a year ago, according to Nielsen Online, were:
- eBay Clothing Shoes & Accessories, 10.89, 11.49, -5%
- eBay Jewelry and Watches, 4.93, 4.90, 1%
- eBay Health & Beauty, 4.08, 4.53, -10%
- Avon, 3.68, 3.05, 21%
- Zappos.com, 3.59, 3.06, 17%
- L.L. Bean, 3.46, 2.96, 17%
- Old Navy, 3.24, 3.34, -3%
- Victoria`s Secret, 2.86, 3.39, -16%
- Lands’ End, 2.57, 2.28, 12%
- The Gap, 2.51, 2.42, 4%
Avon.com engaged visitors the longest among apparel, accessories and beauty sites in September, with customers visiting for an average of 39 minutes, 8 seconds, Nielsen Online reports. The average in the category was 29 minutes, 42 seconds.
The top 10 by length of visit (minutes:seconds) in September, with unique visitors in millions, according to Nielsen Online were:
- Avon, 39:08, 3.68
- Mary Kay, 34:31, 1.22
- Roamans, 23:44, 0.65
- eBay Clothing Shoes & Accessories, 19:13, 10.89
- Chadwick`s, 15:40, 1.46
- Blair.com, 14:37, 1.05
- Victoria`s Secret, 12:27, 2.86
- Lands’ End, 12:27, 2.57
- One Hanes Place, 12:12, 0.60
- Old Navy, 12:08, 3.24
- Personal Care, 2,772.73
- Food & Beverage, 2,687.54
- Home & Garden, 720.91
- Print Publishing, 499.72
- Apparel & Jewelry, 494.26
- Automotive Supply, 287,80
- Toy & Hobby, 178,95
- Recreational Gear, 128.36
Note to our readers: Starting this week, InternetRetailer.com each week will compile a custom list of the top 10 e-commerce sites in various categories based on Nielsen Online’s data. Until now, the weekly Nielsen Online report has been based on the top sites in each category based on unique visitors and while most were e-commerce sites, some non-e-commerce sites appeared in the top 10.