Less than a month into the New Year and the e-retailer and marketplace announces plans for three additional U.S. fulfillment centers.
The Merchant Risk Council, a retail industry trade association for preventing online fraud and promoting secure e-commerce, has named its board of director for 2007.
The Merchant Risk Council, a retail industry trade association for preventing online fraud and promoting secure e-commerce, has named its board of director for 2007. Officers are:
• Tom Sullivan, senior director, e-commerce risk, Expedia, was re-elected as chair
• Susan Grajek, assets protection manager, CompUSA, was re-elected as secretary
• Michael Long, director of fraud solutions, eFunds, was re-elected as treasurer
The remaining directors are:
• Perry Dembner, vice president, marketing, CyberSource
• William Lambson, senior international treasury manager, Adobe
• David Sessions, managing partner, Sterling Consulting International
• Ronda Sifford, loss prevention/finance manager, Costco.com
• Brad Craig, director, security & risk management, Discover Network
• Dave Moriarty, director of data mining, Apple. Moriarty, will speak at Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition, June 4-7 in San Jose, with fellow Risk Council board advisers Timothy Laudenbach and Julie Fergerson in a Workshop session June 4, 3-4:30 p.m. entitled Web Security: Identifying and Avoiding the Scam Artists.
The council also named its board advisors:
• Tim Laudenbach, credit risk manager, Best Buy
• Mark Michelon, director, e-commerce risk and revenue protection, Orbitz Worldwide
• Julie Fergerson, vice president of emerging technologies, Debix Inc. and co-founder of the Merchant Risk Council
• Karl Hebert, director of global commerce group, Microsoft Corp.
• Amy Munk, fraud prevention manager, Hewlett-Packard
• Pete Pouridis, director, loss prevention, Neiman Marcus.