The average return on Facebook ad spend rises 26% in Q3, according to social media advertising firm Nanigans.
Yahoo has unveiled Yahoo oneSearch, a portal for mobile phones, and will integrate it into Yahoo Go for Mobile 2.0 beta system. The oneSearch mobile portal includes buttons for information and search services, including shopping.
Yahoo Inc. has unveiled Yahoo oneSearch, a portal for mobile phones, and will integrate it into its overarching Yahoo Go for Mobile 2.0 beta system. The oneSearch mobile portal, which currently is operating as a standalone mobile site, includes buttons for information and search services, including shopping.
The new oneSearch offering is designed to present search results in a variety of categories and formats, such as text and image; each listing in a category has an embedded web link that Internet users can click to retrieve more information. This differs from the typical search engine design that produces only text and web links without categorization.
For example, a shopper who enters “iPod” into the oneSearch window is presented with the following results:
- List of Products, with the iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano and iPod Video devices each presented as images within icons. Clicking on any of the images leads the shopper to product details at Apple.com.
- News Articles, displaying headlines of recent articles about the iPod and related technology. Clicking on a headline sends the shopper to the news source.
- Web Images, showing pictures of iPods.
- Web Sites, listing sites that sell or present information on iPods.
- More Results, which includes connections such as Flickr Photos and Refine Search.
“OneSearch delivers a mobile-optimized search experience that understands what consumers are looking for and presents answers directly in the results,” says Marco Boerries, senior vice president of connected life at Yahoo.
Yahoo plans by the end of the month to integrate oneSearch into its overall mobile web and text messaging service. It also plans to roll out versions for additional countries and in different languages in the months ahead.