DigitalCommerce360.com will bring together all e-commerce brands of Vertical Web Media, including Internet Retailer, Top500Guide.com, B2B E-Commerce World, and Internet Health Management.
Although e-mail marketers say their biggest challenge is getting their messages delivered into consumers’ inboxes, more than half, or 54%, say they don’t use e-mail delivery auditing tools to proactively improve results, JupiterResearch says.
Although e-mail marketers say their biggest challenge is getting their messages delivered into consumers’ inboxes, more than half, or 54%, say they don’t use e-mail delivery auditing tools to proactively improve results, JupiterResearch says in a recent report.
The report, “Delivery Auditing Tools: Tactics to Improve E-mail Delivery,” says that many marketers rely on post-campaign methods to identify delivery problems, a strategy that “does little to proactively determine the likely delivery success of campaigns.”
It adds that the rate of non-use of delivery auditing tools rises to 65% among marketers who conduct their campaigns in-house instead of through an outside e-mail services provider.
Jupiter cites the following delivery auditing techniques as vital to campaign performance:
• Inbox seeding–checking to see how e-mail messages are received or marked as spam by multiple ISPs;
• Content and message scoring–checking e-mail content and structure against multiple spam filters to determine if e-mail messages have problems that will cause them to be trapped by filters;
• Messaging rendering–inspecting how e-mail messages will be rendered in different e-mail clients. (Jupiter notes that the EmailAdvisor self-service tool from Piper Software, a part of Lyris Technologies Inc., renders e-mail campaigns in minutes, while other tools can take up to a day to produce results.)
• Blacklist monitoring–alerting marketers when their IP addresses are added to blacklists that block e-mail delivery;
• Use of delivery service providers that manage relations with ISPs, audit e-mail practices and provide additional services.
The Jupiter report also rates the delivery services offered by four leading delivery service providers: EnhanceRate, Piper Software, Pivotal Veracity and Return Path. It gave its highest overall score to Lyris Technologies unit Piper Software.