China’s total online sales growth slowed to 26.2% in 2016, according to China’s National Bureau of Statistics, however several sectors, such as cross-border and online ...
American Express, Charles Schwab & Co. and E*Trade Group Inc. are among the top 25 Web sites that do the best job of working with customers, and especially in satisfying the needs of individual customers, says the latest report from Stamford, Conn.-based Peppers and Rogers Group, "The State of One-to-One Online." E*Trade and Schwab are repeat winners. The report details both the functionality and the strategy of leading consumer and business-to-business Internet sites. By applying the fundamentals of one-to-one customer relationship management, the research firm says, these companies identify customers, differentiate customers. Interact with customers and customize their products and services. The winners, alphabetically by industry are:
- Books/Music/Video: Amazon.com.
- Community/Content: WebMD.com, WeddingChannel.com, Women.com.
- Consumer Goods: Garden.com, Streamline.com.
- Consumer/Business Services: American Express, Works.com.
- Financial Services: E*Trade, Schwab.
- Information Technology: Cisco Systems, Dell, IBM, Sun Microsystems.
- Portals/Media: MyExcite.com, MyLycos.com, MyNetscape.com.
- Travel/Hospitality: BizTravel.com, Expedia.com, PreviewTravel.com, Northwest Airlines, United Airlines.