2014 Social Media Guide
Ranking E-Retail's Leaders in Social Media
Marketing & Commerce
In this all-new Second Edition that has been expanded 67% to cover 500 e-retailers, the Social Media 500 attests to the increasing importance of social media for retailers' digital marketing initiatives. Many web merchants are focusing less on acquiring fans and follower bases, and more on generating ROI from social-derived interactions. Sales spurred by social media efforts are up dramatically over last year and merchants are investing more than ever in ads on social networks. Small-to-mid-sized retailers that solely operate online garner the most traffic from social networks, but even the largest online merchants, and ones that operate stores, are now generating measurable business results from their social media marketing initiatives.
The updated Social Media 500 highlights year-over-year growth for North America's 500 leaders in the social marketing and commerce space, revealing exclusive financial and operational data on each profiled company, including the following:
• NEW — Expanded YouTube data, including percentage of web site traffic retailers received from the social network in 2013 and 2012
• NEW — Expanded Pinterest metrics that include the number of pins each retailer receives per day, as well as the number of likes and comments per pin
• NEW — More Facebook metrics that measure how engaged fans are, such as the number of shares per post
• NEW — Expanded tally of newer social networks such as Vine, Instagram, Tumblr and Google+
• In-depth year-over-year tallies of fan, subscriber and follower counts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube
• Key Facebook and Twitter engagement metrics such as average number of comments per Facebook post or number of retweets per tweet
• Tracking of on-site product sharing buttons for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and e-mail
• Detailed cover story on how the leaders in social commerce are boosting sales and traffic from social networks
• In-depth feature story that shows e-retailers are starting to view social media as an outlet for direct response from customers, as opposed to mere brand building
• Detailed “how to” and best practices articles written by social media marketing experts 8th Bridge, W2O Group and HelloSociety
PURCHASE YOUR COPY OF THE 2014 Social Media 500 TODAY!
Internet Retailer now offers research publications in an interactive digital format. The digital version of the 2014 Social Media 500 is not simply an e-book or PDF; there are several value-added custom features available with this digital edition. When you purchase your guide electronically, you can zoom in and flip through pages with ease. An easily navigable interface allows much faster access to data. For example, the listing in the table of contents pages instantly link users to the pages containing each company's profile, and every URL listed in each e-retailer profile is hyperlinked to that retailer's web site, making it easy to move from the profile and data reported on a particular site to that site itself. A keyword search function allows digital subscribers to find all references to a certain word or phrase, enabling users, for example, to search all web sites that use a certain e-commerce solution provider.
Order your copy of the Internet Retailer 2014 Social Media 500 today, in the format of your choice:
Database Subscription $239.00
Digital Edition Use: Single-User Licenses Only, Limited Number of Devices per Order, No Exceptions. Please note: This is a digital product; PDF downloads are not available, nor can you print pages like a PDF. You can download the file to your computer or laptop to use as an offline tool, but may not print and replicate pages.