The move follows similar programs from Target and Amazon.
With 25% More Content Than Prior Editions, the All-New Internet Retailer 2013 Europe 500 Charts the Dynamic Growth of European E-Commerce
As with the United States, e-commerce proves itself to be the fastest-growing segment of retail sales in Europe, and the full spectrum of 2012 financial and operating data and analysis on the 500 leading European online retailers is available in the 400-page Internet Retailer 2013 Europe 500. The new edition reveals that, collectively, 2012 online sales for the Europe 500 e-retailers totaled $122.87 billion (93.74 billion euros), up 16.62% from 2011 collective online sales of $105.36 billion (80.38 billion euros). And U.S.-based e-retailers claim 21.9% of European e-commerce market share. For Amazon.com Inc., ranked No. 1, 2012 was another banner year for European web sales: $16.11 billion (12.29 billion euros), up by 25.13% over 2011 web sales of $13.50 billion (10.30 billion euros).
The Internet Retailer 2013 Europe 500 mirrors the growth in European e-commerce by showcasing its own expansion in research content: it offers 25% more data and analysis than its predecessors as its rankings of the leading European e-commerce companies have increased from 400 to 500. The third edition of this trusted e-commerce intelligence resource identifies the largest web merchants operating in the 27 countries of the European Union and beyond, highlighting some surprises—such as southern European industry growth-drivers in Italy, Spain and Portugal—and shining the spotlight on nascent eastern European markets with maturing web retailers, from Poland to Russia. Of course, the western European web retailing strongholds are there too, from Germany, Europe's biggest and closed direct marketing powerhouse; France, which, according to French trade group Fevad, reports a 19% year over year increase in e-commerce growth; and the U.K., home to a thriving e-commerce scene that hosts successful U.S.-based web-only merchants.
At 400 pages, this completely new and expanded third edition features a massive amount of data, including:
- Expanded listings to 500 merchants, each ranked on annual web sales
- All-new social media metrics including updated data for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest
- All-new shopper demographics for the U.K. and France
- Updated web performance metrics
- Detailed map of European e-commerce featuring key sales, Internet use and demographics on 18 of the largest countries in the European Union
- Valuable information on nearly 800 e-commerce executives including names, addresses and phone numbers for each Europe 500 organization
- Comprehensive cover story analyzing the data and key trends driving European online retail forward
- Detailed feature story on U.S. web merchants expanding their base in Europe
- Comprehensive feature on the booming e-commerce market and major web merchants in Russia and Eastern Europe
- Detailed feature on key developments in European e-commerce technology
- Case studies on four of the fastest-growing European web merchants
Digital Edition Use: Single User Licences Only, Limited Number of Devices Per Order, No Exceptions. Please note: this is a digital product, no PDF downloads are available. Please note: this is a digital product, no PDF downloads are available or printing of pages like a PDF. You can download to your computer or laptop to use as an offline tool, but may not print and replicate pages.