Australian flash-sale retailer OZSALE took heed when competitors organized a "Click Frenzy" one-day sale in November 2012, only to see their sites fail under the weight of heavy traffic. So OZSALE did its homework before promoting its own "Flash Frenzy sale."
Testing beforehand identified problems that were making the OZSALE site unstable at traffic levels well below what the retailer expected to attract in its big sale. Those insights enabled OZSALE to fix flaws in advance of the promotion. The results speak for themselves:
During "Flash Frenzy," OZSALE.com.au achieved four times the amount of traffic over its closest flash sale competitors.
- Revenue hit more than $5 million
- As predicted, more than 50% of sales revenue came in via mobile
- 80,000 new members pre-registered prior to the event
- 160% increase in new visitors
- 160% increase in page views and 80% increase in unique browsers
Click here to read the case study that explains how OZSALE conducted these tests, what it found, and how it ensured that its e-commerce site would stand up to a huge spike in traffic.
Sponsored by: SOASTA