A Forrester report points out challenges faced by some business-to-business firms working online.
Although the dollar volume of business-to-business e-commerce in the United States is more than twice that of business-to-consumer e-commerce, to date no one has published detailed or credible B2B e-commerce benchmarks…until now.
Senior Analyst Andy Hoar from Forrester Research teamed up with Internet Retailer in the fall of 2013 to conduct a first-of-its-kind large-scale survey of B2B companies, including wholesalers, distributors, suppliers, and manufacturers.
Hoar reported on the results of this survey in this webinar, presenting critical insights about how B2B companies are performing online.
In this webinar, Hoar discussed:
- B2B benchmarks for online revenue, costs and expenses, and loyalty, including conversion rates, abandonment rates, average order values, online sales penetration and growth rates and Net Promoter Scores
- How and where B2B e-commerce operations are prioritizing budget and spending plans for online and mobile
- What geographies B2B companies are targeting for market expansion
- Which e-commerce features and functions B2B companies are prioritizing for development in the next 12-24 months
- Where B2B companies are focusing in 2014 to close the online customer experience gap with B2C sites
This webinar was organized by Internet Retailer and sponsored by e-commerce technology provider hybris.