23% of e-retail transactions on Thanksgiving and Black Friday came from mobile devices.
More so than other forms of retailing, success in online retailing depends on the web merchants command of paid and natural search marketing and site search management. E-Retailers spend billions of dollars on paid search marketing, yet many merchants still struggle with maximizing their return on that investment and zeroing in on the keywords that deliver the best results.
With so much at stake, web merchants need business intelligence to craft successful search marketing strategies. The 288-page newly updated and expanded 2011 Search Marketing Guide from Internet Retailer is the best source of that intelligence.
The 2011 Search Marketing Guide
The 288-page guide includes prioprietary research on:
- The online retailers who lead in paid and natural search marketing
- Data on the most frequently used and highest ranking keywords by leading retail web sites
- How much the largest web retailers spend each month on paid search based on numbers supplied by Conductor Inc.
- A breakdown of search engine traffic for the 250 largest retailers for paid and natural search
- How the biggest web merchants rank for web site optimization
- The names of 900 executives in charge of the top retail search marketing programs and the vendors they depend on
- Detailed case studies of how web merchants solved search challenges and achieved dramatic sales gains
- "How to" articles by top search marketing experts providing the keys to great search results
- Complete details on more than 100 search engine marketing and site search solutions providers
Search Marketing Facts:
49% - The percent of retailers that will spend more on paid search this year.
27% - The percent of retailers that say more than 50% of all sales come from paid search.
69% - The percent of retailers that say Google yields the highest conversion rate.
43% - The percent of retailes that plan to shift more paid search spending to Bing this year.
Search Marketing Guide Testimonial:
"As a multi-category marketplace platform, it's critical for Buy.com to understand how and where consumers are shopping for a wide variety of products. We rely on The Search Marketing Guide to help provide these insights, which in turn help us constantly enhance the Buy.com shopping experience." Jeff Wisot, Vice President of Marketing, Buy.com Inc.