In its second-largest acquisition, Amazon buys the company for $970 million.
If there's something you've bought offline that you weren't able to buy online, we're probably thinking about that.”
Sponsored by 2013 Social Media 300
The fourth edition of this popular e-commerce features 352 pages packed with more than 80,000 e-retailing facts and figures on the mid-tier e-retailers to watch in North American e-commerce. The 2014 Second 500 Guide delivers a more in-depth view of up-and-coming players delivering impactful performances on the e-retailing stage. And for solutions providers, there's no better business development tool targeting mid-market e-retailers that can serve as a lead-generation tool for you, as the Second 500 Guide now includes an index of more than 1,200 e-retailing executive names.
Plumb the 2014 Second 500 Guide's depths to discover new and updated metrics per ranked retailer like these:
• 30 vendor categories tracked for all Second 500 retailers—three more than last year—including three new ones of Online Advertising, International E-Commerce Services and Web Site Testing/Optimization
• Data on the number of full-time e-commerce employees in 2013 versus 2012
• Percentage of web sales e-retailers receive from online marketplaces and international shoppers
• A comprehensive analysis story on trends among the up and comers in e-commerce—who's winning and why? How do small retailers stay relevant online while Amazon and the largest retail chains continue to grow e-commerce market share?
• Six in-depth case studies on the secrets of the fastest-growing small merchants
Updated elements for the 2014 Second 500 Guide include:
• Year-over-year growth in Internet sales
• Shopper demographics
• Comparison shopping site affiliations
• Monthly web traffic and unique visitors
• Average order values and conversion rates
• Top web management
• Web site speed ratings
• Merchandising categories
• Number of affiliate marketing relationships
And much, much more.
Sales Figures2013 online sales of web merchants ranked 501-1,000
Thorough AnalysisComplete financial, operations, performance details on each ranked e-retailer
Comprehensive ScopeFeatures citing trends for mid-market retailers
Industry Contacts1,270 online retailing executives