The All-New Internet Retailer
2014 Mobile 500
Redefining the Rules of Consumer Engagement: How the World's 500 Leading Mobile Commerce Sites Cater to Anywhere, Anytime Consumers…And Propel E-Commerce into a Future of Robust Growth in the Process.
Mobile commerce is a technology-driven phenomenon, prompting consumer behaviors and preferences to change at the speed of innovation. The allure of anytime, anywhere shopping experiences via smartphones and tablets exerts great force on a global scale. Worldwide, combined 2013 and 2012 total sales of the 500 leaders in mobile commerce based on annual sales reached $48.3 billion this year, with year-over-year growth at 71.3%, according to findings from the just-published 304-page Internet Retailer 2014 Mobile 500.
By year's end, mobile commerce in the U.S. will grow an estimated 63% to around $34.2 billion, up from $21 billion in 2012. Mobile will account for nearly 13% of all U.S. e-commerce sales, up from just over 9% in 2012, according to the Mobile 500. Perhaps not surprisingly, the top two mobile commerce retailers—behemoths in and of themselves—Apple (No. 1) and Amazon Inc. (No. 2), account for nearly 50% of all U.S. mobile commerce sales in 2013, as the Mobile 500 data show. But since the market is not yet mature, room for growth invites ever-newer players onstage—and it's clearly a world stage. Thus, not only is the 2014 Mobile 500 expanded 25% to cover 100 additional mobile commerce companies, the guide has also expanded its scope to an international one. This should come as no surprise, given that 107 European merchants ranked in the Mobile 500 will grow their combined mobile sales 102.8% in 2013 to $4.44 billion. And then there is Asia, soon to be the world's biggest e-commerce market. The combined 2013 sales of the 19 Asian merchants ranked in the Mobile 500 will grow 84.8% to about $527.5 million.
Are you ready to benchmark your e-retailing site's mobile commerce strategy against these industry leaders? With the 2014 Mobile 500, you'll have the competitive data, strategic insights and market analysis you'll need to thrive in this dynamic industry landscape.
At 304 pages, this completely new and expanded third edition features a massive amount of data, including:
- Expanded rankings to 500 mobile merchants from 400 (new)
- 2013 and 2012 mobile web sales (updated)
- Percentage of mobile sales from tablets and related metrics (new)
- Percentage of mobile sales from smartphones and related metrics (new)
- Mobile SEO score (new)
- Comprehensive cover story analyzing key mobile commerce trends (new)
- Detailed survey story on mobile retailers and their future plans (new)
- “How to” stories on improving mobile site performance, how mobile sites can be better optimized for search engines and multiple options to launch mobile commerce (new)
- The percentage of mobile sales from apps (updated)
- Index of marketing features per mobile site (updated)
- Corporate information, including company addresses and main office numbers (updated)
- The names of 1,652 mobile commerce executives (500 retailers and 1152 vendor executives)
Order your copy of the Internet Retailer 2014 Mobile 500 today, in the format of your choice:
Buy the print version for $75
Buy the digital version for $85*
Buy the bundle (print + digital) for $125*
Buy an Annual Membership to the Top500Guide.com - Database Format
*Digital Edition Use:
This guide is also available in database format as a subscription to the Top500Guide.com online portal. A one-year, one-user license costs $225, though various licensing options are available.
Single-User licenses only. Limited number of devices per order, no exceptions. Please note:
This is a digital product; no PDF downloads are available nor does the edition allow printing of pages like a PDF. You can download to your computer or laptop to use as an offline tool, but may not print and replicate pages.