The vendor cites strong demand from omnichannel retailers.
Paul Demery , Managing Editor, B2B E-commerce
Manhattan Associates Inc., whose offerings in supply chain and inventory-management technology are used by dozens of leading e-retailers, yesterday reported a 9.6% rise in second-quarter revenue.
Eddie Capel, president and CEO, attributes the rise largely to strong demand among retailers for technology that supports omnichannel retailing. Manhattan Associates’ technology enables multichannel retailers to manage inventory and fulfill orders across online and offline channels. Using its technology, retailers can fulfill online orders, for example, from warehouses or stores.
“We are optimistic about our outlook for the balance of 2013 and beyond,” Capel says. “We are also quite pleased with demand for our omnichannel solutions.”
For the quarter ended June 30, Manhattan Associates reported:
● Total revenue of $102.52 million, up 9.6% from $93.57 million a year earlier;
● Net income of $17.41 million, up 22.8% from $14.17 million a year earlier;
● Completed software contracts with new customers including apparel retailer Lilly Pulitzer, No. 709 in Internet Retailer’s 2013 Second 500 (http://www.internetretailer.com/second500/), and PriceSmart Inc., an international online membership club retailer.
For the six months ended June 30, the company reported:
● Total revenue of $199.12 million, up 7.6% from $185.045 a year earlier;
● Net income of $30.76 million, up 20.3% from $25.57 million a year earlier.
The company released guidance for full-year 2013 revenue of $407 million to $415 million, for a year-over-year growth rate range of 8% to 10%.
In the 2013 edition of Internet Retailer’s digital book, Leading Vendors to the Top 1000 E-Retailers, Manhattan Associates is ranked second among providers of fulfillment technology and second among providers of order management technology.